Tips When Buying a Property in the City of Pine
Condominium sales are unbelievably at an all-time high. In many cities around the world, people are rediscovering the bliss of living downtown again. What with the low-maintenance and modern lifestyle that allow them easy access to almost everything that consumers need. Moreover, with housing real estate prices at amazingly high prices, buying a condo is an affordable way for young homeowners to own up a home at their very own castle high up in the clouds. However, before you go on a hunt for condominiums in Baguio City, it is good to be familiar with some small condominium buying tips.
What small condominium buying tips can practically help you find your own castle in the top floors of high-rise condo buildings? Here are some tips that you can use:
Before the Hunt
It is good to hire a professional realtor. A realtor who has the experience can most efficiently help you with the buying process. He might even know of a house and lot in Baguio City that would give you more value for your money than a condominium would. Availing of the services of a professional realtor does not cost you anything as they earn from the commissions after sales are made.
It is also important to seek the help of a lawyer who can provide legal advice on contracts to be signed with condo developers and financing institutions if it will be put on mortgage. Mortgage is another aspect of the buying process that needs to be cautiously handled. There are contract terms, interest rates, land transfer tax, and other fees to understand and settle when investing in real estate in Baguio City.
During the Hunt
It is always best to come prepared, and this means doing your homework. You must have the basic idea of what you want because you will be assailed with too many choices - low-rise, high-rise, kinds of amenities like doormen, gym facilities, swimming pools, etc. While checking out units in various buildings, think about what you want. Check out the neighborhood and the view that you get from the different sides of the same building. Doing all these would help you decide whether to get a condominium or a house and lot in Baguio City instead.
Consider also the resale value of your unit. Opt for those that can make resale easier such as the floor area - the bigger it is the easier to resell, and the view that can help improve the motivation of buyers. It also helps to know that a unit that overlooks a garbage pick-up area, the garage entrance or a suite beside or across the elevator must be avoided.
The heating and lighting inside the condominium suite must be checked. Some units can be overly hot during summers, although that shouldn’t be a big problem in condominiums in Baguio City. The other amenities must be considered when comparing your choices such as the parking space and lockers to have storage space when the space in the condo is not enough.
Other information to know or questions to ask:
1. How’s the visitor parking? If you have many friends or family dropping by every now and then, know how many spaces are available?
2. Are you buying a resale condominium? If so, check out the state of those furniture and appliances that come with the resale.
3. How clean is the building? You can assess this condition with the smell of the lobby and other common areas like elevator, hallways, and staircases.
4. Who are living in the building? Are they mostly owners or tenants? It is good if the residents are mostly owners.
5. How much maintenance fees do you need to pay? What are included in the maintenance fee that you are paying for? This is important so you would know what else you need to take care for such as property taxes.
6. What do the other residents say about their experience in the building?
7. How does it compare with other condominium suites you have seen so far?
When you are happy with the results of your research, make another visit to the condominium. If living there can make you happy and comfortable, start turning the wheels of buying process with the help of the realtor and the lawyer who are well-versed concerning real estate in Baguio City.
Leave a Reply.