A Filipino Buli Weaver, Now a Multimillionaire? How?
Who is he? Get to know him through his rags to riches story.
The Turning Point
At an early age, he was helping his parents earn a living for their family. The whole day, he was counting tingtings (the stiff mid-ribs portion of coconut leaves used for making walis or brooms) or weaving bulis (buri palms) to make money. Meticulously, he wove bulis, 60 yards long, for a profit of 1 peso so he can help. The more bulis he can weave, the more money he can give for their daily survival.
One day, they could not pay the house rent so they were forced to evacuate. The owners, who are actually their relatives, insisted that the family had to leave because they already need the property. Sad but brave, he said, “Babalik ako na mas mayaman ako sa inyo at may sarili akong bahay” (I will return richer than you, with my own home).
After school, he goes to the market in order to help his mom sell bulis. According to his mother, they have a lot of buyers everytime he’s the one helping her.
One time, an old woman read the palm of her mom saying that one of her three children is born with luck.
“Tingnan mo Nene ang palad ng anak mo. May anak kang magdadala sayo ng swerte, bunso mong anak. Sabi sa akin nung matanda, “Dadating Nene ang panahon na gaganda ang buhay mo. Wag kayong mawawalan ng pag-asa.” (Look at the palm of your child Nene. You have a child who will bring you luck – your youngest child. The old woman said to me, “Time will come you’ll have a better life. Do not lose hope.”)
Someone actually predicted that one of her children will be very rich in the near future and this child has a sign of mountain and sun rays on his hands.
For almost 2 decades, their family was earning out of weaving bulis until he left and tried selling lands (he was then a land agent). And his first sale was already 50 acres that gave him 10 million pesos commission.
With his help, their family is now living a comfortable life. His mom and siblings are well taken care of. They have their own house and lot. And, he has acquired a lot of property including 20 condominiums and vast stretches of land. Plus, a number of luxurious cars, and one hotel as a sign of his success. He is now one of the richest entrepreneurs in the Philippines, a multimillionaire.
However, all that he achieved in life is not just about luck. Take for instance, selling properties. It is not a miracle that clients come in a sudden to buy a land. It is not also a miracle how he convinces them to buy. This is how to reach the ladder of success according to him, “Basta masipag ka. Marunong kang magdasal at maniwala sa Diyos at kailangang ika’y may pangarap.”(As long as you are hardworking, you know how to pray and you have faith in God, and you have a dream.)
Becoming successful in life, therefore, is all about hard work, prayer, faith in God, and having a dream.
Who is this buli weaver turned millionaire we’re talking about?
He is no other than Manuel “Jojo” Tan.
A New Beginning
Do you want to be like him? Who knows your luck is in real estate too.
You can begin by becoming a real estate agent for Passion Magnet Marketing Realty, Inc., an accredited marketing company of Goshen Land (a real estate developer in Baguio City since 2007). They have the best agents selling condominiums, houses, commercial spaces, offices and clinics in the country’s premier city for real estate investment, Baguio.
When you’re outside looking in, real estate seems like a big and complicated area of investment. What if you merely want to buy a house and lot in Baguio City? Should you go through the entire complicated route? In order for you not to be overwhelmed, the key is to look at its goal simply as putting money in properties and making it grow so that it will earn profits in the future. The techniques are to buy properties, side-step bankruptcy, and generate income through sales or rentals to buy more properties and make more profits. This may seem easy enough, but it is definitely more complicated than you think. If you are on the stage when you’re still testing the waters, it makes sense to learn some basic concepts or ways to understand real estate investments for beginners.
Foremost among these concepts are the fundamental ways to make money and to know who to associate with to learn these ways further. That’s right, before putting in money on real estate investment in Baguio City, learn first the ways to make profits through renting or selling properties. To make a lucrative business out of real estate, you need people to get things done. Doing things on your own is not only antiquated, it is also inefficient.
Basic Ways to Make Profit from Real Estate Investors
• Appreciation of real estate assets. This pertains to the increase in the value of your current assets when the land sitting around your property either becomes scarcer, busier or getting a higher demand. There are several reasons for this, but the bottom line is that your property gets a higher value. Investing on a property because you foresee its appreciation can be tricky. It is not a usual game that novice plays.
• Making an income through cash flow. This is among the types of real estate investments for beginners that can be easy enough for them to understand and do. This entails buying a property like an apartment in Baguio City, office spaces, and rental town houses that can be rented to tenants so that the owner gets a steady stream of income through monthly rentals.
• Real Estate commissions and other related income. If you are into real estate as a broker, you earn a certain percentage when you make sales. If you own a company as a real estate management company, you make an income as you get to keep a certain fraction of the income of the property you manage that belongs to another person.
• Making income through ancillary sources. In real practice, however, these businesses can make huge incomes. These are small businesses that operate within real estate, for instance, like a condominium in Baguio City, such as a laundry facility, vending machines and other mini business with the tenants and customers in the building as the captured customers.
How to Benefit from a Support Team
• Investment Professionals. These agents want you to succeed with the properties that they sell to you and with the properties they sell for you. Looking after your interest is something that they focus so you will succeed. You need them because f their network of buyers, investors and property owners.
• Legal Counsel. All your transactions need to be covered with a binding document that intends to protect you and your assets. Thus, no real estate investments for beginners or otherwise can’t afford to go without being reviewed by a lawyer. Having a lawyer or legal representative can to ensure that the contracts you will sign and execute between you and another party will always be is in your best interest.
• Coaching Property Strategists. These people can help you assess your position and recommend strategies to improve your real estate investment status. They are like mentors or coaches who can provide you with ideas and options to secure your investments and make them earn.
There two basic things you must learn to do to stay afloat and succeed in real estate: know the ways to make an income and to have the right people steering your ship towards where you intend to go. Real estate investments for beginners can be made easier and best results can be achieved once you understand these basic concepts.
Top 3 Places in Baguio City To Settle Down
Baguio City is the perfect place in the Philippines to settle down and invest in real estate. You need not look further with its booming economy, cool climate, diverse culture, historical significance, tourist attractions, prestigious colleges and universities, and family-friendly neighbourhood. But where exactly in Baguio will you live? Composed of 129 barangays, here are the areas highly recommended for residential real estate investment.
Safety is of primary importance when we look for a place to live for the rest of our life, especially if we plan to start a family. And, when it comes to this, you can fully trust Leonila Hill. It is considered as the safest area because of its low crime rate based on the most recent survey and the popular choice for real estate investment in Baguio City. It is also one of the best naturally preserved places of Baguio with a mountain view. In addition, Leonila Hill is close to the city’s major landmarks (Burnham Park, The Courtyards, etc) and points of interest with jeepneys available 24 hours.
Divided into two, lower and upper, this area is your best option if you want to live near the many academic institutions in Baguio. General Luna is actually known for its university cluster. It is also where you can find the best gadget deals, whether new or used. The famous landmarks include University of Baguio, SLU – Laboratory Elementary School, Belfranlt Hotel and Restaurant, Unite Merchandise, Fr. Ghisleen De Vos Building, and Melbourne Towers of Goshen Land.
If you want a place that is good for residential (The Central Apartment) as well as commercial real estate investment, check out Trancoville. When you go to Baguio in order to visit this place, you will never get lost because everyone knows Trancoville. It is, in fact, one of the most popular barangays in the city. If you like talking to foreigners, Trancoville is the answer; it is a famous choice among migrants from all over the world.
Along with these top three choices, there’s also Session Road, Burnham Hill, Wagner Hill, and Irisan. In Baguio, all you need for residential living are there.
Get in touch with one of the professional real estate agents in Baguio City now while there are new developments. You can click any of these links to start:
· Condominium for sale in Baguio City
· House and lot in Baguio City
· Apartment in Baguio City
Screening Real Estate for Single Professional Investors
Any form of investment is good, especially when you are still single, primarily because you have all the time and focus to make it grow. Agree? Now, if you are planning this year to find a real estate in Baguio City to invest, here are a few things you might like to consider so you can choose the best.
Let us start with the type. Are you eyeing for a residential or commercial property? Well, if you plan to get married soon and live in Baguio, then check out these out:
If you prefer commercial real estate, you can talk to Goshen Land Capital’s (the top developer in Cordillera Region) friendly and professional real estate agents in Baguio City. They actually give free assistance when it comes to property search in the locality so might as well grab this chance.
What’s good about commercial property is you can create divide it into sections and then offer these for lease. You can earn twice or thrice the amount you spent to buy the property. But of course, make sure that it is in a good commercial location so you won’t ran out of tenants.
Now, talking about location, if you’re up for residential real estate investment, house and lot for sale in Baguio City, for instance, it is a big no-no to disregard these three nearby areas: academic institutions, medical facilities, and shopping centers. On the other hand, if you are eyeing for a commercial property, apartment for sale in Baguio City, for example, it should be in the business district or city center, accessible by any form of transport, flexible when it comes to office needs acquisition and installation, equipped with spacious parking space, and monitored for security purposes.
Next, you compare all the properties by price. Know that buyers are willing to spend more if you are offering a residential or commercial real estate in Baguio that is profitable in terms of type, location, environment, and facility. It’s like putting quality over quantity as a whole. Actually, this is how you can sell more, and of course, earn big in real estate investment.
When you’re done with price comparison, consider the aesthetic value of the house or building. Will you need to tweak the design a bit? Or, is it already perfect? Check out the lay out as well.
Basically, that is how you screen real estate for investment.
Would you like to start the search today? Feel free to contact one of the best real estate agents in Baguio City and ask for advice.
Wish you all the luck. Become a real estate investor while you are still single. Invest in Baguio City now.