It saddens me to think that I will be leaving you in a few months… Living in your beautiful abode for almost 8 years, I will definitely miss your magnificent weather…the cool breeze that you constantly have, the fog that I have always enjoyed, and the sweat-free summer months that make other people come to you for respite… I will also certainly miss the places that accentuate your beauty…Camp John Hay that makes me feel as if I am in another world, Burnham Park where I go for jogging and free tae-bo sessions every morning, Ben Cab Museum that showcases the world-class talents of our local artists, Good Shepherd that has the best ube jams, Oh My Gulay which offers sumptuous fresh organic food that even carnivorous won’t resist, Session Road and it’s ukay-ukay shops, your churches, your market and all the fresh vegetables and fruits that it offers, North Haven Spa, your mountains, your pine trees, your terrain…and I will most especially miss your people…the honest taxi drivers who give me back even my 50 cents change…your good-natured locals which became not only my acquaintances, but became my friends and family as well…
I will miss you Baguio…I may be gone for a year, two years, or even more, but I will certainly come back. I will come back, buy lot or condominium, build a house and a family and we shall live in your lovely paradise for good…
by Katrina Domingo
How to properly choose a real estate property to buy in Baguio city, condominium or house and lot
compared to other parts of the Philippines, real estate properties in Baguio city are different. Baguio is located at cordillera autonomous Region where you can find buildings, condominiums, subdivision, malls and other establishments on top of the mountain. Because of its mountainous appearance, terrains of lands usually have different angles, soil also has more unstable properties reason for the city to be very strict in issuance of house, condominium, subdivision construction permit.
when you are looking for a property to buy in Baguio city, you have to consider the following:
1. safety- there are many parts of Baguio city that are sinking. Factors are the drainage system of Baguio City and man made holes from mines. you should be very vigilant not to choose your lot, house and lot or condominium building on top of these holes to avoid finding your home under the ground 20 years from now. Signs of the sinking areas are cracks that are visible on the roads. It would also be very helpful to ask for the maps from the city government to locate the major fault lines of the city. Aside from the sink holes, you should also consider land slide prone area. Usually these areas are the dumped soil. For sure the seller you are transacting with will not tell you whether the lot you are buying is a dumped or natural that's why its important for you to see the physical appearance of the place. usually, trees should be upright when on the edge of the mountains this indicates good soil quality. numerous trees in the surrounding also helps to stabilize the place. it's very important for you to undergo soil testing to reliable soil testing team, this is the best you can do. Buying from big real estate companies whether subdivisions single detached house and lot or condominium units are safer because they for sure they underwent these testings.
2.location-there are huge number of Filipino dreaming of having property in Baguio city whether condominium unit or house and lot. For this reason, the small land area of Baguio is now becoming so crowded at the same time running out of lots that are possible for construction of real estate. You will notice that most of the big establishments like schools, commercials are now going far from the city. It's now becoming typical to find properties outside Baguio proper. If you found a property that is 1 kilometer away from the city proper with a good price, then you should grab that.
3. Price- if you are looking for a place purposely for vacation and does not have very much budget then i will advise you to look for a good subdivision or condo-vision (condominium in a subdivision) away from the city. in this case, you will find a very reasonable price in a quite, naturally preserved places away from the pollution and noise of the city. However, if you are looking for a property in the heart of the city, i will advise you to look for a condominium- its so impossible fro you to find a house and lot single detached in the town proper.
4. real estate company- you should find a stable and reliable realty. You should ask for its previous developments and its standing. You should also check the background of its owner. Local people (company owner) in the area has advantage because they really know what they are selling especially big companies.
5.Real estate agent- when you are buying a real estate property from a big realty where pricelist is released by the company itself, then it's best for you to have an agent. in this case, whether you have an agent or not have one, the price of the property is the same. but make sure you have the best agent to help you out on your purchase.
A GIFT FOR REAL ESTATE BUYERS WHEN BUYING HOUSE AND LOT OR CONDOMINIUM UNIT IN BAGUIO CITY
There are many ways to buy real estate property. Nowadays, online selling of things not only real estate properties are booming. When you are out of the country, it would be very convenient for you to transact online with a trustworthy seller. You may send a representative to meet with your seller or you may just have an agent to take care of the transactions. When you are buying a property from big realty like Goshen land capital, ayala land, DMCI and etc. it would be very convenient for you to have an agent for the following reasons:
1. with or without an agent the price of the property is still the same
2. your agent will personally assist and take care of you (most of the real estate companies has its separate sales team (employee) but we cannot deny the fact that employees are often times out numbered by numerous clients reason for them to divide there efforts to cater all of these real estate buyers)
3. your agent will be of assistance to you from the beginning of the sale till forever. (I Roman Joe Anoso an agent of Goshen land personally assists my clients, honestly answers all their inquiries, do actual project sight trippings, gives assistance on your contract signing, collects /reminds you on your monthly payment, assists you during the punch listing, help you on the turn over of your unit, help you on your financing, give you the best options on furnishing your house and lot or condominium unit in Baguio city and forever be your friend) these are sample services a good agent can give you.
truly, having a good and reliable real estate agent is a bonus in your real estate purchase. so when you are looking for a property to buy in a big real estate company, don't miss your bonus-AGENT :)